Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Official launch!

Welcome to the Medical Humanities blog. It is with some trepidation that I write this, having only conceived the idea this morning. But such is the wonder of the modern technology: think it, enact it, regret it? I hope not. I had been toying with the idea of compiling an e-mail bulletin to alert those interested in medical humanities to forthcoming events, exhibitions, lectures, books, TV programmes, films and the like relevant to medicine. Although only 30 pages in to Dan Gillmor's excellent book, We the Media, it has persuaded me that blogging is the future face of new media -- potentially far more interesting and provocative than a bulletin or a newsgroup. I invite anyone, anywhere with anything to impart that might be of interest to the social and cultural context of medicine to participate. We have a real opportunity here to collaborate, share resources and pool ideas. I also intend this to be a RUR (really useful resource) so I'll be posting information about events here, and reviews if possible. The more views the better, so don't hold back. Anyone can respond to a message. To be given access to post your own blogs on this site, e-mail me.

No comments: