Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Last Chance To View An Interesting Blog

In the author’s words:

“I am 33 years old. Two years ago - in the midst of trying to conceive my first child with my husband of two and a half years - I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Through surgery and chemotherapy, I reached remission several months later. However, my cancer recurred in April of 2005.

This blog chronicles my cancer experience and my infertility. If I'm lucky enough to somehow beat the odds, it will also one day chronicle my journey to motherhood, ovaries be damned.”

Sadly on May 12th 2006 the author passed away. Her blog is due to be removed from the internet shortly so have a read whilst you still can.

A particular favourite of mine was the author’s ‘Reflections on a Yellow Jersey in which she considers Lance Armstrong’s portrayal of his ‘fight against cancer’ and debates how helpful this actually is to a public where one in ten people already believe that "all you need to beat cancer is a positive attitude".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky, thanks very much for alerting us to this blog entry (and its links). It's a pity the blog is to be removed. It makes a good memorial and it's obviously struck a chord with a lot of people.

Allen said...

I think, through this blog she will be live and her memories also. It is alerting thing for others.!!!!!